coreplus.com.au Pty Ltd ABN 64 128 352 269 (“COREPLUS” “we”, “our” and “us”) is committed to protecting your privacy and is committed to complying with the Australian Privacy Principles set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (“Privacy Act”).
- What is personal information?
- Kinds of personal information we collect and hold
The types of personal information we collect about you will depend on the purpose for which the personal information is collected. The kinds of personal information we collect and hold include information such as:
- website visitors’ contact information (such as your name, phone number and e-mail address);
- contact details and credit card and debit card details for individuals who are permitted to use the Services;
- if you are a health service provider:
- general information such as your name, location, date of birth, contact information (including your email address, telephone number, residential, business and postal addresses), your log-in details to access the Services, and details of your use of, or access to, the Services;
- information about your health practice, including information about the owners or staff members of your practice (including their name and job title);
- health and personal information of your clients and patients, which you may choose to store on any platform included as part of our Services;
- details of any communications or interactions you have with a client or patient using the Services. For example, details of an appointment with you that is managed using our Services (and any related communications); and
- any other personal information you send or disclose to us, including our records of any communications or interactions we have with you;
- if you are a patient of a health service provider, or, otherwise participate in our Services, we will collect as little information about you as necessary to provide the Services. We may collect contact details and information about you that is health information, including your medical information (such as your medical history, medications, allergies, your family health history and potential risk factors), the healthcare practitioner(s) which you have video consultations with and their area of medical expertise, your Medicare number or other healthcare identifiers and other health information contained in any appointment records;
- information about individuals who apply for a job with us, such as their name, contact details, experience, qualifications and training, academic results and current salary;
- information about individuals who are suppliers to us, or are employed or engaged by a supplier to us;
- your name, mailing or street address, email address, and telephone number(s) to enable users of the Services to manage and hold health appointments (such as by booking, cancelling and rescheduling appointments, or holding those appointments via a video platform); and
- your name, mailing or street address, email address, and telephone number(s) to issue letters and render invoices (if we have elected to invoice you) if you use our Services, or, if you have requested to receive news about exclusive offers, promotions, or events.
If you elect to provide unsolicited sensitive information, we may use it if it is reasonably necessary to deliver our Services (or if otherwise permitted by law).
- Using our website
When you use the Services, we may automatically collect information about your use of our Services, which is not personal as it does not reveal your identity. For example, when you use our Services, our server log may download your search queries, internet protocol address, hardware settings, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and referral uniform resource locators and certain cookies that identify your browser. We may use and disclose this information in anonymised and aggregated form, only for purposes including to assist us to improve the functionality of our Services. You are not individually identified. However, we reserve the right to use or disclose this information in the unlikely event of a data breach, or an investigation where a law enforcement agency or other government agency may exercise its legal authority to inspect our internet web server logs.
- Purposes for which we collect, hold, use and disclose personal information
We collect, use and disclose your personal information so that we can do business together and for purposes connected with the provision of our Services. The purposes for which we collect, hold, use and disclose personal information includes the following:
- to provide the Services to you (including providing any participant in our Services with access to any applications, online video consultation services and, in some circumstances, to remind patients about their appointments);
- to enable you to store and access personal information related to your clients and/or patients;
- to consider job applications by individuals who apply for a job with us;
to send you news and marketing information about our Services, including general promotional material;
- to address any issues or complaints that we, or you, have regarding our relationship or Services; and
- to contact you regarding the above, including via electronic messaging such as SMS and email, by mail, by phone or in any other lawful manner.
- Can you choose not to disclose your personal information?
You do not have to identify yourself or provide any personal information if you contact us. You can also notify us that you wish to deal with us using a pseudonym.
However, if we cannot collect personal information about you, we may not be able to provide you with the information or assistance you require.
- To whom do we disclose personal information?
We may disclose your personal information to third parties in connection with the purposes described in our “Purposes for which we collect, hold, use and disclose personal information?” section above.
This may include disclosing your personal information to the following types of third parties:
- service providers who assist us with our activities, such as website hosts, IT back-up service providers, and other IT or payment service providers;
- our contractors and advisers (including, for example, marketing agencies, insurance providers, lawyers and other professional advisers);
- payment system operators;
- any third parties to whom you have directed or permitted us to disclose your personal information (e.g. referees);
- in the unlikely event that COREPLUS or its assets may be acquired or considered for acquisition by a third party, that third party and its advisors;
- third parties that require the information for law enforcement or to prevent a serious threat to public safety; and
- otherwise as permitted or required by law.
Where we disclose your personal information to third parties with whom we have a business relationship, we will use reasonable commercial efforts to ensure that such third parties only use your personal information as reasonably required for the purpose we disclosed it to them and in a manner consistent with the Privacy Act.
- How we collect personal information
COREPLUS collects personal information in a number of ways. The most common ways we collect your personal information are:
- directly from you when you:
- provide personal information to us or our contractors;
- sign up for, access, or use the Services;
- sign up to receive news and exclusive offers, promotions, or events;
- enter surveys, competitions, promotions or request information or material from us;
- enquire about our Services or otherwise communicate with us by email, by telephone, in person, via our website or otherwise;
- apply to work with us or are engaged by us as a contractor; or
- access our website or when you deal with us online (including through social media);
- from publicly available sources (such as the Internet); and
- from third parties (for example, from referees if you apply for a position as an employee or contractor with us).
- Cookies and analytics
We also use the following technologies to collect technical information and general analytics:
- log files, which track actions occurring on our website; and
- web beacons, tags, and pixels, which are electronic files used to record information about how you browse our website.
- Links to other websites and social media
- Direct marketing communications
We will only send you direct marketing communications (either through mail, SMS or email), including any news and exclusive offers, promotions or events, where you have consented for us to do so.
You may opt-out of receiving direct marketing communications at any time by contacting us or by using opt-out facilities provided in the direct marketing communications.
- Does personal information leave Australia?
We hold your personal information in electronic form and we may also use cloud storage to store your personal information. We may disclose your personal information to overseas recipients, such as to service providers located overseas, in order to provide our products and services and to obtain services.
We may also disclose your personal information internally (including to staff members located overseas) and may also disclose your personal information to the following external parties:
- external service providers, so they can provide a service we have contracted out or wish to contract out to them;
- companies that provide information and infrastructure systems, IT services or other services to us;
- anyone, where you have provided us consent; or
- other persons or entities as required or allowed by law.
Except where an exception applies under the Privacy Act or other relevant legislation, we will take commercially reasonable steps to ensure that overseas recipients to whom we disclose personal information do not breach the Australian Privacy Principles stated in the Privacy Act in relation to such information.
- How do we protect your personal information?
We will take reasonable precautions to protect your personal information from misuse, loss, or unauthorised access, modification or disclosure and we will request the same from third parties to which we disclose your personal information. For more information about our security practices click here https://www.coreplus.com.au/healthcare-data-security-privacy-for-australian-healthcare/
Please notify us immediately if you become aware of any breach of security.
- Accuracy of the personal information we hold
You have the right to ask us to update or correct any personal information we hold about you. We try to maintain your personal information as accurately as reasonably possible. We rely on the accuracy of personal information as provided to us both directly (from you) and indirectly.
We encourage you to contact us if the personal information we hold about you is incorrect or to notify us of a change in your personal information.
- How long do we keep your personal information?
When personal information is no longer required, we will take reasonable steps to delete the personal information from our systems or de-identify the personal information.
- How you may access personal information we hold about you and seek correction of it
You may seek access to personal information which COREPLUS holds about you by contacting us using the contact details set out in the “Our contact details” section below. We will provide access to that information in accordance with the Privacy Act, subject to certain exemptions which may apply. We may require that the person requesting access provides suitable identification and, where permitted by law, we may charge an administration fee in limited circumstances, for example, if we are required to.
If you become aware that any personal information we hold about you is incorrect or if you wish to update your information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- How you may complain about a privacy breach
COREPLUS will take any privacy complaint seriously and any complaint will be assessed by an appropriate person with the aim of resolving any issue in a timely and efficient manner. We request that you cooperate with us during this process and provide us with any relevant information that we may need.
If you are not satisfied with our response, you can refer your complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner who may investigate your complaint further.
- Our contact details
If you have any queries about the personal information that we hold about you or the way we handle that personal information, please contact our Privacy Officer:
Yianni Serpanos, Privacy Officer
Mail: P.O. Box 348, Moonee Ponds, Vic, 3039