Did you know that research suggests that the minute a patient walks out the door, they forget 40-80% of what their medical practitioner told them? That’s got to be frustrating for healthcare professionals.
Laura Simmons, an Australian occupational therapist, experienced this problem first-hand and decided to take action in creating a solution that efficiently helped time-poor OTs improve the ongoing care of clients outside of direct therapy. Laura’s initial idea was to build a mobile app to help occupational therapists capture and digitise meaningful information during appointments, plus give clients digital access to their home treatment plan. But after working through a customer development framework, she discovered an even bigger opportunity existed in building a platform that could also support therapists working in speech therapy, psychology, physiotherapy, and behaviour support.
What you’ll experience when you start using Theratrak is how effective this digital therapy tracking and monitoring platform is at improving workflows, increasing client engagement and tracking progress. The Clinic Portal, Therapist App, and Participant App work together to allow multi-disciplinary teams to bridge the gap between therapy sessions and create a more inclusive model of healthcare.
A simple overview of how Theratrak works:
- Therapists create and prescribe home programs in just a few clicks.
- Participants follow personalised instructions and practice at home.
- Therapy teams can work together and track participant progress remotely.
- Participants can successfully implement therapy strategies at home and reach goals.
When you connect Theratrak with your coreplus account you can:
- Quickly and easily add participants from coreplus to your Theratrak account
- Automatically save all of the notes from your therapy program as a draft case note in coreplus as soon as you send it to the participant
- The draft notes will be ready for you in coreplus to add your observations or any other key clinical information to your case notes when you get back to your desk
Theratrak website: https://www.theratrak.co/